As written in the last post, I started building the StuG.III auf G. The kit starts with the wheels and suspension.
Dragon gives you a lot of work, many attachment point that need to be cleaned at all the wheels.
Next is the suspension, also very detailed.
On the last pictures I have dry fitted the wheels to see if it’s outlined correct.
Then the assembly guide calls out for the fenders. You have to put some tools and wires on the fenders. On the picture you don’t see the cables and pe parts, because I will attach them later as the knock off very easy.
The lower hull is almost completed, tracks and the fiddly parts will be attached at a later moment.
Next is the turret. It start with the command hatch. I think I will leave the hatch open because Dragon has supplied a part of the interior. The vision ports are made from clear plastic. I will leave them out of the hatch after painting.
Next is the main part of the upper hull.
The parts are still not glued because I want to be sure that I can reached all parts when I start painting the model.
after a long period I will start something new. I had a new workroom in our new house but that one was not what I would want it to be so we decided to prepare the other room and now I’m more happy with the space. There is still more to do but my workbench is ready,
As I do like to participate in a GB because it motivates me more to finish a project I will start with participating in another GB.
But what to build, it’s has to subject that fits in Operation Citadel also known as the battle of Kursk.
I have two subjects left, the busts or the tank. But I’m not sure what I will do as I do have to finish the plane and have still some other projects on the go.
But after a new search into my stash I found another kit and I think I will start this one first.
still busy with finishing the ongoing projects but also thinking about what I’m going to do next. I have never build a serious plane and was thinking why not try one to build.
I don’t have plans to build more then one so I decided to go all the way with this kit.
Also in GB they celebrate 100 years RAF so I bought one of the iconic planes that the RAF used in WOII to fight against the German aggressor.
The kit is from Eduard. I never build a kit from this manufacture only aftermarket parts for other kits.
Inside the box are three sprues and one clear sprue. Also a PE sheet and a decal sheet for the stencils and a bigger one for 6 different schemes. I have to decided which one I will build.
Last Saturday I visit the scale model show in Lingen (Germany). I bought there some kits and also two figures. One of the figures I bought is a caricature of Winston Churchill and his bulldog.
I always I started cleaning the parts and put them together. After I had cleaned the parts with 75% alcohol I started with a primer coat., This time I used Chaos Black from Citadel. When this coat had dried I did I drybrush with Pallid Wych Flesh (Citadel).
It looks a bit crazy but when the paint is on the figure you can’t see anything of this anymore 😉
Years ago I have build the same half track from Tamiya. This kits build fast and are a bit simple, but with some paint and extra you can make a descend model.
When Trumpeter came out with there sdkfz 7’s I tried to build them but there were a lot of fitting issues and the kit is still in an unfinished state. When I was cleaning out my stash I found this kit from Dragon and thought to give it a try.
More about this kit: https://www.scalemates.com/kits/134074-dragon-6545-sd-kfz-7-8t-half-track-early-production
I started yesterday evening with the build of this kit at a club meeting. Did not make many pictures as the kits builds nice and fast so I forgot to make pictures.
The kit start with the chassis, a very complex chassis.
With the winch and gas tank :
I have just received this bust and will paint this for a group build on Flory Models.
It’s a resin kit with some very small parts. Also there are some nasty seam lines and some difficult casting blocks that have to be removed before I can glue the parts together. But overall the quality of the parts do look good. Nice details.
this is a build I did for a group build. I will show only the pictures this time, hope you like it.
I have finished this project, was really nice to paint.
A new update. Gave most parts a baste coat. I used Citadel paint for painting the parts.
Started this afternoon with the first highlight on the green parts.
Yesterday I started a new project. After finishing the Scammell Wrecker I wanted just to paint a figure. I do have some resin fantasy figures in my stash and I chose to paint a 75mm figure from Michael Kontraros. It’s called the Defiler. Don’t know what it means, I bought it just because it did like to paint it.
Link to the site: https://www.mkontraros.com/the-defiler
I saw that this figure is not available anymore.
A metal container protects the figures for damage. Inside there are several resin parts.
The resin parts do have nice details, but also some flash and seam lines and that took some time to clean. Before the primer I cleaned the parts with alcohol. The primer I used is from Citadel, Chaos Black.
The first color I painted on the model is a green color from Citadel.
I painted the face separately with some flesh colors. It’s much smaller then shown on the picture.