1/35 IBG Scammell wrecker


at the moment there is a Turkey shoot on Flory models. I decided to pick up a kit that I had started a while ago. But I had problems with gluing the parts, because after a while the parts felt of and I good not find the right glue. After some search on Google I found out that the plastic is not the same as in most models kits. Finally got a bottle of Plastic Magic glue and that did the job. In between I also got the Scammell Pioneer from Thunder Models and there is some discussion about the faults in the IBG kit. For my not a problem.

First I will show some older pictures I made during the build process:

The kit is build out of the box. The only thing I did was using a fine saw to make the wood parts a bit more grainy.

Yesterday I started with preparing the parts for the primer coat.

The primer I use is from Vallejo and works fine for my.

75mm Nutsplanet Traitor Basford, Chief of Ettin Fanatics

Hi there,

a new post with a different topic. I had bought some fantasy figures from Nuts Planet. I start building and painting them a while ago, but I had a crash with the computer and as I’m a bit lazy I forgot to back-up the files although I do have a NAS server and enough drive space.

That means that I only do have the pictures I took from the finished figures.

The first figure is named Traitor Basford, Chief of Ettin Fanatics. The picture of the box is taken form the site of Nuts Planet.

Picture from Nuts Planet

And this is what I made of it:

1/10 Nuts Planet Indian Home Guard (1)

Last weekend I was at SMC in Veldhoven. It’s a large modelshow with a lot to see and to buy. On of the thing I pick up was a bust from Nuts Planet. It’s not my first bust of this manufacture and the other I have do have a great fit and are very detailed with not much to clean. As  the kits are not cheap you expect also a good quality but  when I opened this kit I was a bit disappointing as the parts had a lot of flesh and the fit was terrible, I had to use a lot of filler to fit the arms to the body. I had almost the idea that I had bought a bootleg in an original case. But there is always a way to go and I cleaned the parts and put the body and arms together. Normally I would have paint them separate but with the filling is was not possible.

First step was painting the face and eyes. I used colors from Citadel and Jo Sonja and followed the picture on the box.

Today I started with base coating the other parts. As it was a bit difficult to find good paint reference for the shirt I mixed some colors together that I thought would make up the right color.

1/35 Hobbyboss M4 High Speed Tractor 90mm

I had build this kit a long time ago but was not happy with the result so finally I through it in the garbage bin. A year ago I saw the kit for just 10 euros on a stand at a meeting and though why not.

The build started almost directly but finishing is not the best part of myself. But things can change and I have the drive to finish some older project so this one is also finished.

I painted with Vallejo color, weathering with Flory Model clay washes and oil colors from Abteilung 502.

This one is finished, but still a lot to go 😉

1/35 Hasagawa Hitachi Zaxis 135


I have been a bit offline for several reasons. In the meantime I build two Hasagawa kits. Hasagawa has a serie kits excavators. The first one I build was the Zaxis 135TP. This Double Arm Working Machine Astaco Neo has two arms, a grabber/digger and a snipper arm. I made both arms but finaly decided only to use the grabber/digger arm as the other arm only fell down every time and I didn’t like it.

The second kit is the Excavator Z Axis 135 US. It’s the same base, only this one is provided with a excavator bucket and dozer blade.

Thanks for watching.

1/35 Dragon M2A1 halftrack update 7

Welcome to another update of this project. I was thinking what I should do with this kit and finally decided to do some experiments. The first is trying to do a white wash without chemical product, but just with acryl and a clay wash. The products I used:

I started with the washable white camo from Ammo of Mig. It’s very thin and you put spots, lines, bigger parts on the model wich can be manipulated with tap water. It’s really washing your model with white chalk. The next step was to bring this alive with the clay wash, Light. I was not unhappy with the result.

I sealed it with semigloss varnish for the next step.

The next step is also an experiment. For this is used washes from Citadel.

I played with the color, used them for shadowing and enriching the colors.


It looks a bit funny but I do like it. Next step is more weathering with darker clay washes. Hope you like this.

1/35 Dragon M2A1 halftrack update 5

The M2 has a base color and some color modulation although is not good the see on the pictures. First I had given the model a primer coat with grey primer from Vallejo. That coat had dried for about a half day.

Then I started with the darkest color of a set of Olive Drab color from the Ammo of Mig range. I used this color for doing the shadowing, not on the whole model. After that is used the base color and lighted it up with some light base color. Finally I mixed in some of the highlight color to give some hue on the top parts.

I sealed the paint with Vallejo Satin Varnish. I will leave this drying over night before I can start with the decals.

In the meantime I gave the stowage a primer with Chaos Black from the Citadel range.

The stowage will be painted with different colors from the Vallejo Model Color range.