1/10 Nuts Planet Indian Home Guard (1)

Last weekend I was at SMC in Veldhoven. It’s a large modelshow with a lot to see and to buy. On of the thing I pick up was a bust from Nuts Planet. It’s not my first bust of this manufacture and the other I have do have a great fit and are very detailed with not much to clean. As  the kits are not cheap you expect also a good quality but  when I opened this kit I was a bit disappointing as the parts had a lot of flesh and the fit was terrible, I had to use a lot of filler to fit the arms to the body. I had almost the idea that I had bought a bootleg in an original case. But there is always a way to go and I cleaned the parts and put the body and arms together. Normally I would have paint them separate but with the filling is was not possible.

First step was painting the face and eyes. I used colors from Citadel and Jo Sonja and followed the picture on the box.

Today I started with base coating the other parts. As it was a bit difficult to find good paint reference for the shirt I mixed some colors together that I thought would make up the right color.

1/35 Hobbyboss M4 High Speed Tractor 90mm

I had build this kit a long time ago but was not happy with the result so finally I through it in the garbage bin. A year ago I saw the kit for just 10 euros on a stand at a meeting and though why not.

The build started almost directly but finishing is not the best part of myself. But things can change and I have the drive to finish some older project so this one is also finished.

I painted with Vallejo color, weathering with Flory Model clay washes and oil colors from Abteilung 502.

This one is finished, but still a lot to go 😉

1/35 Hasagawa Hitachi Zaxis 135

Hello,

I have been a bit offline for several reasons. In the meantime I build two Hasagawa kits. Hasagawa has a serie kits excavators. The first one I build was the Zaxis 135TP. This Double Arm Working Machine Astaco Neo has two arms, a grabber/digger and a snipper arm. I made both arms but finaly decided only to use the grabber/digger arm as the other arm only fell down every time and I didn’t like it.

The second kit is the Excavator Z Axis 135 US. It’s the same base, only this one is provided with a excavator bucket and dozer blade.

Thanks for watching.

1/35 Dragon M2A1 halftrack update 7

Welcome to another update of this project. I was thinking what I should do with this kit and finally decided to do some experiments. The first is trying to do a white wash without chemical product, but just with acryl and a clay wash. The products I used:

I started with the washable white camo from Ammo of Mig. It’s very thin and you put spots, lines, bigger parts on the model wich can be manipulated with tap water. It’s really washing your model with white chalk. The next step was to bring this alive with the clay wash, Light. I was not unhappy with the result.

I sealed it with semigloss varnish for the next step.

The next step is also an experiment. For this is used washes from Citadel.

I played with the color, used them for shadowing and enriching the colors.

 

It looks a bit funny but I do like it. Next step is more weathering with darker clay washes. Hope you like this.

1/35 Dragon M2A1 halftrack update 5

The M2 has a base color and some color modulation although is not good the see on the pictures. First I had given the model a primer coat with grey primer from Vallejo. That coat had dried for about a half day.

Then I started with the darkest color of a set of Olive Drab color from the Ammo of Mig range. I used this color for doing the shadowing, not on the whole model. After that is used the base color and lighted it up with some light base color. Finally I mixed in some of the highlight color to give some hue on the top parts.

I sealed the paint with Vallejo Satin Varnish. I will leave this drying over night before I can start with the decals.

In the meantime I gave the stowage a primer with Chaos Black from the Citadel range.

The stowage will be painted with different colors from the Vallejo Model Color range.

 

1/35 Dragon M2A1 halftrack update 4

The build of this model is finished. Had to do some gap filling. The fit of the rear part was very tight and finally to tight so it caused a little gap. With a bit evergreen strip the small gap could be closed and it looked better. This is how it looks after the build is finished.

I have some stowage to put on the model to give it a bit more expression. The tarp on the top and some parts for the front and a big stowage box on the back. I will also use wheels with chains. All the stowage parts were from the old kit and I cleaned them as best I could.

Now I have to protect some parts for the paint. After that finished I can start with the painting of the model.

1/35 Dragon M2A1 halftrack update 3

Today I have been busy with the interior of the M2. In de back are seat, a radio en some small parts to place. Everything fits good, no problems. Then you have to join the cabine with the back part but I saw that I had to paint it first before I could finally glue the part together. On the second picture you see the tarp that I had saved from the first build of the M2.

I have decided to make a M2 in a winter setting with stowage somewhere in the last winter of WOII. But first I have to finish the last parts of the build.

1/35 Dragon M2A1 halftrack update 2

In this update I show what I have done. First I have painted the chassis, wheels and tracks.

I have let it dried for several days. In the meantime I build the cabine and bonnet/hood/ I could have opened some parts of the hood but decided not to do this. There is a nice engine but it would have needed some extra details if I wanted to show it.

The cabine and hood.

The next part wil be the rear chairs, radio’s and back of the M2A1.