After a busy period and a short holiday I had some time for this project. The build was already almost finished. It time for some paint. I always start with a primer and I use most of the time Vallejo black primer. I spray it with a 0.3 needle, that gives me a more smother surface.
I had looked around for some colour schemes. I had a set of Ammo of Mig paint Ukrainian colors and decided to make a Ukrainian BTR. One the Ammo of Mig site you can find this pfd.
On page 5 of this pdf you can find the color scheme I used.
Because I don’t make a replica of a real BTR in Ukrainian service, I took some freedom in using decals I had and also with the text which I copied form the photo’s in the pdf file. After decals I started with some chipping. I want to make a vehicle that has been in action for a while.
The next step is a layer of varnish to protect all the painting and decals.