Two old projects finished

I have sorted out my stash and found several kits I have started time ago. Some kits were just started, others are ready for paint and there are a few I already had painted. I started to finish this project. The first I have finished was the M31 from Takom. I lost one of the light so I had to find a solution to solve this problem and with some sand bags I looks good for me.

The second kit is a Trumpeter kit, the BTM -3.

Please like & share:

1/35 Meng Panther Aufsf. D

Hi all,

had some problems with the StuG and thought I can destroy the kit or put it away for a better moment. So I bought a new kit for the GB Kursk. It’s the Panther Ausf. D from Meng.

Inside the kit you find a lot of yellow colored sprues, a bit PE and a metal barrel. The instructions are black and white colored, but the painting guide is in color.

Verder lezen

Please like & share:

1/35 Dragon Sd.kfz 7 8t halftrack

Years ago I have build the same half track from Tamiya. This kits build fast and are a bit simple, but with some paint and extra you can make a descend model.
When Trumpeter came out with there sdkfz 7’s I tried to build them but there were a lot of fitting issues and the kit is still in an unfinished state. When I was cleaning out my stash I found this kit from Dragon and thought to give it a try.

The box:

More about this kit: https://www.scalemates.com/kits/134074-dragon-6545-sd-kfz-7-8t-half-track-early-production

I started yesterday evening with the build of this kit at a club meeting. Did not make many pictures as the kits builds nice and fast so I forgot to make pictures.
The kit start with the chassis, a very complex chassis.
 

With the winch and gas tank :
 

Verder lezen

Please like & share:

1/35 IBG Scammell Wrecker (4)

Hi all, this will be the last update for this project. I have finished the weathering phase and I think it’s finished. It’s not the best project I have build. One of the reasons is that I had problems to glue the parts together and that was the reason I had put this project on the shelf of doom. But when the Turkey Shoot started I put it back on the table and working along with more does give more motivation and finally I have manged to close this project. The only thing to do is give the model a final coat of matt varnish.

The final pictures:

Please like & share:

1/35 IBG Scamell Wrecker (3)

The final day of the Turkey Shoot weekend on Fory Models. It’s time to start the weathering. I use most of the time clay washes, pigments and inkt.

Most of the times I start with inkt. When that’s dry then I make a pallet from clay washes I want to use for a project, as I do have different colors.

Al thought the Turkey Shoot is finished, I did not manage to finish this project.

Please like & share:

1/35 IBG Scammell Wrecker (2)

This the second day of the Turkey Shoot event on Flory Models.

After a night of sleep I sprayed on the chipping fluid. I do have two bottles from different compagnies and I will test if the do the samen or if there wil be a difference between both products.
 

The fluid has to dry before you can put on the final color. I chose to spray on a grey color.

After 20 minutes a started with chipping. I used a stiff brush and some warm water.

And … is there a difference between both products? I can’t see the difference. The paint was easy to remove, sometimes a bit to easy but the result is ok.

Please like & share:

1/35 IBG Scammell Wrecker (1)

A new update from the painting stage. I have decided to make a civil after war vehicle with some bath maintenance.

The first stap is to paint on Vallejo Frimer UK bronze. I did use a paintbrush to paint it on because it doesn’t need to be need.

When the paint is dry I will make some scratches and more with the colors I show below. After that is will spray on some chipping fluid.

Uses the colors above to doe some pre-chipping. Before I will spray on the chipping fluid when I have thought about the final color on the wrecker.

Please like & share:

1/35 IBG Scammell wrecker

Hello,

at the moment there is a Turkey shoot on Flory models. I decided to pick up a kit that I had started a while ago. But I had problems with gluing the parts, because after a while the parts felt of and I good not find the right glue. After some search on Google I found out that the plastic is not the same as in most models kits. Finally got a bottle of Plastic Magic glue and that did the job. In between I also got the Scammell Pioneer from Thunder Models and there is some discussion about the faults in the IBG kit. For my not a problem.

First I will show some older pictures I made during the build process:

The kit is build out of the box. The only thing I did was using a fine saw to make the wood parts a bit more grainy.

Yesterday I started with preparing the parts for the primer coat.

The primer I use is from Vallejo and works fine for my.

Please like & share:

1/35 Hasagawa Hitachi Zaxis 135

Hello,

I have been a bit offline for several reasons. In the meantime I build two Hasagawa kits. Hasagawa has a serie kits excavators. The first one I build was the Zaxis 135TP. This Double Arm Working Machine Astaco Neo has two arms, a grabber/digger and a snipper arm. I made both arms but finaly decided only to use the grabber/digger arm as the other arm only fell down every time and I didn’t like it.

The second kit is the Excavator Z Axis 135 US. It’s the same base, only this one is provided with a excavator bucket and dozer blade.

Thanks for watching.

Please like & share: